Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sir, may I blog some more?

Well, I have been critiqued one too many times about how I need to blog more, here I go. I need to finish up about a couple shenanigans from London starting with my very favorite day I was there. Ironically this day was also 100% American and featured very little London culture, oh well. It started Tuesday night when Jpatt asked me on a man-date. He told me he found a special place on his iPhone that he wanted to take me and I couldn't know what it is. The video below shows exactly what the secret was, and even though it took us about 2 hours to find, it was definitely worth it.



We will now move to our Kevin Beach moment of the day brought to you by yours truly, Kevin Beach:

Hey guys, its Beach! So I am giving Michael Goldstein a celebrity shot on this one and passing my Beach moment of the day to him. Last night we were at a local bar called Highlander and a group of us met some girls who were from the UK. These girls were nice and were currently taking your standard, hold the phone out and try and capture a prof pic of ourselves picture. Michael walked up to me to ask me something and eventually offered his photography services to the girls. Extending his hand he took the girls camera phone with one hand while holding his beer with his other. As he fumbled the phone around to try and figure out which button to press he drops the phone into his beer. This awkward encounter worsens when Mike tried to get the phone out and then in doing so dropped the phone in the beer a second time. Michael hands the phone back to the girl as i lean in to tell him that the phone is complete toast. Having learned this obvious bit of info Michael begins to walk away, and then, leave the bar all together leaving me alone to deal with the soggy phone situation. I offer to pay her for my friends stupidity but she respectfully declines and then drops her phone at that very same moment and its battery and other pieces fall off all over the bar/dancefloor area. This is when I decided to remove myself from her area and vow to act like nothing ever happened.

Ok, I'm back. I want to extend a thank-you to Kevin Beach's wonderful authorship and detailed account of my awful mishap. Let it be known that I was going over to him to try to increase his favor with the girls, and in doing so could not have done more of the opposite. Oh well...wingmanin' aint easy.

Today featured a visit to a neighboring town, Valkenburg. It is a picturesque town with cobblestone streets and wooden shoes at every store. We visited a humbling World War II cemetery and did a bit of spelunking in a recreated Roman catacomb of buried martyrs. Valkenburg is also the host of a much anticipated RedBull sponsored event called "Crashed Ice" which will visit next Saturday. Crashed Ice is an international sport that is best described as a mix of hockey, downhill skating and boardercross. Skaters speed down a icy course at over 100 mph! This year Valkenburg expects 100,000 visitors, and we will be sure to take in the experience. For more information and a ton of laughs, possibly some envy, see the link of the video of last years World Championship of Crashed Ice.



Sorry I haven't posted a lot of pictures, more coming soon.

2 comments: