Saturday, January 22, 2011

10 Minutes of Sleep and Haven't Eaten Since Wendy's in Houston...

I'm surprised I'm actually here. We've come a long way since that first blog. If you recall, I was struggling with that Old Testament class. Don't worry, I failed it. In hindsight, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. 

I'm sitting in our dorm room while Goldstein is out at the bar.  Our room is decorated so well, our mothers would be proud.  Pictures of people we love hang on our walls and remind us how blessed we are to have these people in our lives.  They serve as a reminder to take nothing for granted over the next three months.  

We leave for London early tomorrow morning.  We're staying at some swank hotel.  Thanks, Baylor.  Spoiler alert: I steal some sheets and towels to bring back to Maastricht.  I'm actually stealing them from Beach's room.  Always cover your tracks.  

Side note, Goldstein and I have been discussing a weekly segment we'd like to call "Life's a Beach: The Kevin Beach Moment of the Week".  It's promising.  Stay tuned.

I'm thankful for God's grace through the presence of Goldstein in my life.  Using Michael, the Lord has provided a true brother in faith and an example of what life should look like.  Before our stint in Penland, I was clueless to what brotherhood was, and now, two and a half years later, here we are.  Don't worry, I already told him all of this earlier today.  He's not reading anything he hasn't already heard. 

Also, he has naked pictures of his roommates on his computer.  Kind of weird.  Even more weird that they're okay with it.  They'll probably make one of our annual slideshows eventually.

Alright, sleep.  It's 3:45 PM where my body is used to being.  That's kind of badass.

3 comments:

  1. Paige, Christiana and I say hello! We checked earlier to see if you'd blogged yet. I think we'll be avid readers.
    Also, Dutch proverb of the day:
    Hi, ha, hondenlul!
    (Untranslatable expression, commonly used at soccer matches to abuse the referee.)
    It will no doubt come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're in London right now! Post pics and keep us updated cuz you know we're thinking about you. :) I love you MOST and will be praying for you every day!

    Mom :)

    ReplyDelete